That's Messed Up! - The Gift Exchange Game
Whether you've called it Dirty Santa, Yankee Swap or White Elephant all your life, we took the classic gift exchange game to the next level AND made it a game that can be fun for any occasion.
That's Messed Up! takes the gift swap rules that you've known (or made up along the way) and tosses them out the window. No more writing numbers on little pieces of paper to figure out the order of play.
To start, get everyone in a circle (or around a table), read the first card and choose one of the TWO options. Repeat with each person drawing a card until you are back at the start. Go as many rounds as you'd like (3 to 5 is probably best based on the size of your group).
So gather your closest (or not so close) friends for any occasion (holidays, birthdays, Friday night game night) & have everyone bring a gift or two. One for you and maybe one to add to the GIFT STACK.
We guarantee some of the options on the cards will leave you saying … "That's Messed Up!"
Quantity of cards = 120
Ages 5 & Up
3+ Players (the more the better)
- Each player brings ONE gift to exchange - more than one if they want to spice up the game.
- Each player keeps ONE of their brought gifts & puts all the EXTRA gifts in a pile called the GIFT STACK.
- Do NOT unwrap your gift(s) until it is your turn & only if you want to OR keep them wrapped to stay a secret.
- Game starts with the youngest player drawing a card.
- Each card has TWO options, choose only ONE. Unless stated otherwise, GIVE and SWAP actions are from your pile of gifts.
- Play continues to the left with each player drawing ONE card for the round.
- Each round is over when you return to the youngest player.
End of Game:
- Game is played for a minimum of 3 rounds & a maximum of 5. (party host choice)
- When the last round completes & reaches the youngest player, the youngest player gets to play one last time by drawing a card OR taking a gift from the GIFT STACK.
- If there are any players with no gifts at the end of all rounds, they can each choose ONE gift from any remainders in the GIFT STACK.
- If there are still gifts in the GIFT STACK at the end of the game, the youngest player gets those gifts as well.
Additional optional rules can be found at miraclebaygaming.com
Copyright - Visible Fusion, LLC